High Power Catapult - DIY Kit, Everything Included - Explore Force, Acceleration, Hooke's Law, No Tools Required - Eisco Garage Physics
- Explore force, acceleration, Hooke's law, and parabolic trajectories by building and testing a fully-functional catapult - no tools required.
- Kit designed for exploration under the supervision and guidance of a scientifically-minded adult
- Contains catapult sides, side supports, firing arm, rubber bands, dowels, hook, and ping-pong ball
- Hands-on activities aid in the conceptualization of abstract mathematical ideas
- Small parts in the kit may be a choking hazard for small children
The Eisco Garage Physics High Power Catapult allows students of any age to explore the concepts of force, acceleration, parabolic trajectory, center of mass, Hooke's law, vector components, and class 2 levers while also providing hours of fun. The DIY kit is simple and quick to assemble, and includes adjustable parts to experiment with different initial conditions. Instructions included with the kit detail learning exercises and routes of further exploration. Everything needed to build the catapult is included. The wooden pieces are made from 3/4" pine and 1/2" plywood. This kit is sourced and assembled entirely in the United States, and correlates well with NGSS standards 3-PS2-1&2, MS-PS2-2, and HS-PS2-1 (Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions).