if placed by 12PM EST
- Garnet sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Formed under high pressure and temperature deformation
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Often used in abrasives such as sandpaper
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
Garnet forms under intense heat and pressure conditions, making it a common mineral in mountainous terranes. Garnet comes in a variety of shapes and colors - this specimen is massive, and a deep red color. Good for lessons on metamorphic facies, silicate minerals, and for general mineral identification exercises. Samples are approximately 1" in length and come in a labeled plastic bag.