if placed by 12PM EST
- Labradorite sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Exhibits iridescence in some samples, producing a brilliant array of colors
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Chemically intermediate between albite and anorthite
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
Labradorite is a variety of plagioclase feldspar, intermediate between anorthite and albite. Notable about this species of feldspar is its potential for iridescence. Samples with clean crystal faces, when exposed to light, have a tendency to gleam with a brilliant display of color. This property, along with its many useful educational characteristics as a feldspar, make it perfect for geology classrooms and labs studying minerals. Each sample is approximately 1" long and comes in a labeled plastic bag.