if placed by 12PM EST
- Coquina sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Mass of fossilized animal material
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Individual fossils can be studied and identified within the rock
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
Composed of bone and shell fragments, coquina is nearly 100% fossil matter. Held together by a carbonate cement, this skeletal mass forms in low-energy environments such as lagoons and reefs. This sample is great for teaching sedimentary facies, paleontology, or stratigraphy. Each sample is approximately 1" long and comes in a labeled plastic bag.