Eisco Rock Gypsum Specimen (Sedimentary Rock), Approx. 3cm (1"), Pack of 12
- 12 rock gypsum specimens approximately 1" (3cm) in length
- Formed from the lithification of sulfate evaporite deposits
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, corresponding well with Next Generation Science Standards evidence statements
- Useful for rock/mineral comparison studies, as well as lessons on sedimentary rock formation
- Specimens come in clear labeled bag for ideal storage
Gypsum is a sulfate mineral formed as the byproduct of evaporating saltwater. When this mineral becomes lithified, it forms rock gypsum, a sedimentary rock. This pack of 12 samples is great for stocking a classroom, or as a part of a small rock collection or event.