Rock/Mineral Matching Game - Set of 10 Rock and Mineral Specimens
- 10 rock and mineral specimens approximately 1" (approx. 3cm) in length
- The game is simple: try to match the rock with the mineral that composes it
- This set teaches basic elements of geology in a fun, easy to understand way
- Samples are a perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- This mineral set is a great addition to any rock and mineral collection
Minerals are the building blocks of rocks, but sometimes you only need one mineral to make up an entire rock. This collection of samples takes this idea and turns it into a matching game. Can you determine which rock came from which mineral? This is a fun exercise to do at home or in the classroom. Included in this set are 1" samples of quartz, olivine, calcite, hornblende, muscovite, sandstone, scoria, limestone, amphibolite, and schist.
To see the answers, click here.