Rock & Mineral Kit, Set of 12 Specimens - Includes Storage Box and Identification Card - Eisco Labs
- EXPLORE TECH CUT ROCKS & MINERALS | A fun introduction to the world of geology through rocks and minerals.
- 12 PIECE KIT | Set includes twelve different rocks and minerals - Crystal Quartz, Basalt, Breccia, Biotite Gneiss, Fluorite, Granite, Conglomerate, Marble, Apatite, Scoria, Sandstone, and Slate. While each specimen will vary in shape and size, they will measure approximately 1" each.
- IDENTIFY ROCKS & MINERALS | Test mineral hardness, streak color, magnetic properties, appearance, and effervescence to identify the different rocks and minerals.
- PROTECTIVE PACKAGING | Packaged in a box with substantial protective padding for each individual rock to preserve specimens.
- GREAT FOR GEOLOGY CLASSROOMS | Useful for demonstrations in identifying and classifying rocks and minerals - Perfect for group activities.
This introductory kit contains twelve different rocks and minerals - perfect for geology classrooms and budding geologists! Set includes Crystal Quartz, Basalt, Breccia, Biotite Gneiss, Fluorite, Granite, Conglomerate, Marble, Apatite, Scoria, Sandstone, and Slate. While each specimen will vary in shape and size, they will measure approximately 1" each.
A great starter set for anyone looking to explore and learn more about geology. Perfect for classrooms - provides an excellent, hands on teaching aid for individual and group learning.
Useful for identification exercises - test mineral hardness, streak colors, magnetic properties, appearance, and effervescence. Includes an identification card with images. Includes storage box with substantial padding for easy storage and preservation. Each specimen in the kit will vary slightly in shape, size and color from the images shown.
Selected & Processed by a Geologist
Each and every specimen is selected and hand processed by an actual geologist, ensuring that each sample exhibits defining features. Rocks and minerals are sourced from a variety of locations around the world and are processed by hand in Victor, NY.
Always feel free to reach out to our team of scientists and geologists for additional information, or to assist you with any questions regarding our rock and mineral samples.