Crystalline Pyrite, Approximately 1.5-2" Length, 2-10mm Crystals, Single Piece
- Sample of crystalline pyrite up to 2" in length
- Each piece shines brilliantly on crystals around 2-10mm in size
- Bright, metallic luster gives pyrite the "fool's gold" moniker
- Samples vary naturally, and may not be identical to those pictured
- Perfect for use in a classroom, or as a display piece for your home
Shining brilliantly in the sunlight, pyrite is a dead ringer for gold. However, it is actually a lead sulfide commonly deposited where water has flown through rock. This sample, approximately 2" in length, has grown a plethora of crystals with a characteristic cubic shape. Each specimen weighs between 3 and 5 ounces, and fits comfortably in the hand. Makes a great addition to any collection, whether in the classroom or in the home. Samples vary naturally, and may not look identical to those pictured. If you reach out to us before you buy, we will send a picture to ensure you are receiving a specimen you'll like.