Native Copper Sample, Approximately 3" Length, Single Piece
- 3" specimen of native copper
- Twisted, wirelike shape betrays formation as a fracture-filling mineral
- Each sample of copper weighs between 2 and 3 ounces
- Samples vary naturally, and may not be identical to those pictured
- Great addition to any collection, whether in a classroom or in the home
Copper is one of the most important elements in industry today. From insulation, to pipes, to wiring, it's everywhere. However, it is rare to see it in its native form, pulled straight from the ground. These specimens of native copper have retained their natural shape, forming complex, wiry crystals. Each sample is approximately 2.5-3" in length, and weighs between 2 and 3 ounces. Samples vary naturally, and may not look identical to those pictured. If you reach out to us before you buy, we will send a picture to ensure you are receiving a specimen you'll like.