2" Desert Rose Specimen (Selenite), Single Piece
- Crystalline desert rose sample measuring about 1.5-2" in diameter
- Despite its size, each rose weighs between 1 and 2 ounces, indicative of its relatively low density
- Crystals grow out of drying lakes, forming flat, interlocking platy crystals
- Samples vary naturally, and may not be identical to those pictured
- Good demonstration of crystal habit, propagation, and evaporite mineral formation
When an old lake bed dries up, it leaves behind the salt and minerals that were dissolved in the water. These minerals begin to grow as crystals, and can form roses like this one. Each of our desert roses are between 1.5 and 2 inches in diameter, and weigh just over an ounce. They are light, airy, and reminiscent of vast sandy expanses, such as the desert or a beach. A great demonstrator of cleavage, crystal habit, and growth, each rose fits in the palm of the hand, and is great for display in the home or classroom. Samples vary naturally, and may not look identical to those pictured. If you reach out to us before you buy, we will send a picture to ensure you are receiving a specimen you'll like.
Join our mailing list
Stay up to date on new products and special offers.
(866) 312-9938 (US Toll Free)
+1 (585) 360-2295 (US Local and International)
Mon - Fri, 8am-5pm EST
24/7 Support Available at email@example.com
Added to your cart:
- About hBARSCI
- Customer Service
- Build To Order
- Tempora incidunt
- Minima veniam
- Velit esse quam
- Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit.
- Excepturi sint
- Officia deserunt
- Et harum
- Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium
- Chromium Resistance Wire - $19.99
- 500mL Beaker Mug, Borosilicate Glass, 50mL Graduations - $25.00
- Lab Quality Genetic Super Taster Test Kits with Storage Case and Instructions - Classroom Pack (100 sets of strips) - PTC, Sodium Benzoate, Thiourea, and Control (No Chemical) - $19.97
- Eisco Labs Basic Beginner Circuit Kit For Teaching Series and Parallel Circuits- Switch, (2) 'C' Batteries w/ Holders, (2) Light Holders, (5) Bulbs, Bulk Wire - $13.22
- Volumetric Flask, 25ml - Class A Tolerance ±0.04ml - 10/19 Polypropylene Stopper - Blue Graduation - Borosilicate Glass - Eisco Labs - $18.99
- Volumetric Flask, 500ml - Class A Tolerance ±0.25ml - 19/26 Polypropylene Stopper - Single Graduation Mark - Amber Color Borosilicate Glass - Eisco Labs - $32.49
- Volumetric Flask, 100ml - Class A Tolerance ±0.10ml - 14/23 Polypropylene Stopper - Single Graduation Mark - Amber Color Borosilicate Glass - Eisco Labs - $20.49
- Volumetric Flask, 50ml - Class A Tolerance ±0.06ml - 12/21 Polypropylene Stopper - Single Graduation Mark - Amber Color Borosilicate Glass - Eisco Labs - $18.99
- Select manually
- Men Style on - 125.00$
Contact Us - Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur?
Sample Company, Inc.
1412 South Main Expressway
Sugar Land, TX 98765