if placed by 12PM EST
- This kit introduces students to amino acids and the process fo chromatography
- Students will run a chromatography test on three known amino acids, and one unknown mixture of the three, in an attempt to identify the mixture components
- In addition, students will learn the structure and function of amino acids in the human body
- This kit contains enough material for 5 groups of students
- Teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters are included
Amino acids are the fundamental building blocks of all proteins. Often times scientists may need to identify the amino acid contained in a protein. One such method for separating and identifying individual amino acids is paper chromatography.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle ninhydrin powder, 0.5g
- 4 bottles 95% ethanol solution, 25mL each
- 2 bottles chromatography solvent, 25mL each
- 1 bottle alanine control, 10mL
- 1 bottle glycine control, 10mL
- 1 bottle leucine control, 10mL
- 1 bottle unknown amino acid mixture, 10mL
- 4 capillary tubes
- 1 centrifuge tube
- 7 chromatography sheets
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.