- Students will attempt to separate a mixture of two solids
- A qualitative test will be performed to see how well the separation worked
- Concepts explored include solubility, acid-base reactions, and chemical mixtures
- This kit contains enough material for 5 groups of students
- Teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters are included
Performing liquid-liquid extractions allows students to apply their knowledge of the properties of molecules. Students will learn how the properties of solubility can be utilized to separate two solids in a mixture.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle 1:1 benzoic acid/acetanilide, 15g
- 1 bottle 2:1 benzoic acid/acetanilide, 15g
- 1 bottle 3:1 benzoic acid/acetanilide, 15g
- 1 bottle methyl violet, 1g
- 1 bottle ethyl acetate, 135mL
- 1 bottle 1.0M sodium bicarbonate, 75mL
- 1 bottle 1.0M hydrochloric acid, 100mL
- 12 pipettes
For Laboratory Use Only
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.