Simmons Citrate Differential Medium, 100g
- 100g bottle of microbiological differentiation medium
- Perfect for use in any biology lab or classroom
- Used for the differentiation of cultured microorganisms
- Tests whether cultures are able to use citrate as a source of carbon
- Includes directions for safe storage printed directly on the bottle
A medium helpful in differentiation of the Enterobacteriaceae. Simmons citrate agar test for organisms that are able to utilize citrate as a carbon source. Organisms that can utilize citrate produce an alkaline carbonate changing a pH indicator in the agar from green to blue. Some citrate negative organisms may display weak growth on the agar but will not cause a color change with the agar remaining green. 100 g Simmons Citrate Agar Use 24 grams with 1 liter of water.