Forensic Analysis of Fabric and Fibers (Materials for up to 10 groups)
- This forensics kit is designed to teach students about fabrics and how they can be analyzed to provide clues or answers in a crime scene scenario
- Students will learn how to analyze fabric samples using a variety of techniques before applying these techniques to unknown samples
- Kit contains enough material for 10 groups, including chemicals, observation sheets, and student exercise copymasters
- Perfect experiment for high school chemistry and forenscis classes and beyond
- Safety data sheets included to inform safe storage and maintenance of chemicals
This kit has been designed to introduce students to the concepts of fabric and fiber analysis. Experiments in this kit cover the areas of cloth weave identification, microscopic fiber analysis, burn testing and chemical analysis. Students will first analyze a group of known materials to learn the various technqiues. They will then be given a crime scene sample and need to test materials taken from four suspects to try and identify who might be involved. Kit contains enough material for 10 groups. Safety data sheets, teacher's manual, and student study guide copymasters are included. Kit Contents:4 x 25 mL Acetone 4 x 25 mL Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach) 4 x 25 mL Hydrochloric Acid 4 x 25 mL Sodium Hydroxide 1 x 25 mL Mounting Medium 1 Pack pH Strips 1 Pack Microscope Slides 2 Packs Microscope Cover Slips 1 Pack Lead Acetate Paper 10 Metal Forceps 1 Piece Cotton Fabric Sample 1 Piece Wool Fabric Sample 1 Piece Acetate Fabric Sample 1 Piece Polypropylene Fabric Sample 1 Piece Polyester Fabric Sample 1 Piece Crime Scene Sample 1 Piece Suspect #1 Sample 1 Piece Suspect #2 Sample 1 Piece Suspect #3 Sample 1 Piece Suspect #4 Sample DOT Info: Small quantity exemption 173.4 THIS PACKAGE CONFORMS TO 49 CFR 173.4 for domestic highway or rail transport only
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Ethylbenzene/ Toluene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.