- Kit for studying consequences of cultural-nutrient overloading on aquatic environments, and identifying less environmentally impactful options for consumer chemical products
- Activities for demonstrating and monitoring effects of two detergent builders on natural water samples for comparison
- Phosphate and non-phosphate detergent builders samples for visually quantifying differences between aquatic organisms
- Materials for 15 groups of students for hands-on learning
- Teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters for instructional use
Innovating Science Detergents and the Environment kit is used to study the consequences of cultural-nutrient overloading on aquatic environments, and identify alternative, less environmentally impactful options for consumer chemical products. The kit features activities to demonstrate and monitor the effects of two detergent builders on natural water samples for comparison, and phosphate and non-phosphate detergent builder samples for visually quantifying the differences between aquatic organisms. For hands-on learning, the kit has materials for 15 groups of students, and includes phosphate and non-phosphate builder solutions, deionized water, plastic cups, microscope slides, and cover slips. The kit has a teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters for instructional use, and a safety data sheet (SDS) packet for product information and handling procedures. The kit is suitable for age 13 and older with adult supervision, and is not subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) shipping restrictions. Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.What's in the Box? (1) phosphate builder solution (50.0mL) (1) non-phosphate builder solution (25.0mL) (1) control (deionized) water (50.0mL) (45) plastic cups (1) box microscope slides (1) box cover slips Teacher's manual Student study guide copymasters Safety data sheet (SDS) packet
For Laboratory Use Only
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.