- Hydrogen fuel cell kit for demonstrating the production of energy by combining hydrogen and oxygen to form water
- Chloroplatinic acid for applying platinum coating to mesh metal of electrodes to serve as catalyst by
- D-cell battery holder for 9V battery, with clips for attaching connecting wires (battery sold separately)
- Material for five demonstrations for hands-on learning
- Instructions and safety data sheet (SDS) packet for product information and handling procedures
Innovating Science hydrogen fuel cell kit is used to demonstrate the production of energy by combining hydrogen and oxygen to form water. The kit includes chloroplatinic acid to apply a platinum coating to the mesh metal of the electrodes to serve as catalyst, and a D-cell battery holder for securing a 9V battery, with clips for attaching to the connecting wires (battery sold separately). The electricity generated after the cell is set up and a current is applied can be monitored using a voltmeter (sold separately). For hands-on learning, the kit has material for five demonstrations, and includes an instructions and safety data sheet (SDS) packet for product information and handling procedures. The kit is suitable for age 13 and older with adult supervision, and meets the requirements for Department of Transportation (DOT) small quantity exemption 173.4, and conforms to 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 173.4 for domestic highway or rail transport only. Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.What's in the Box?(15) brass metal mesh squares(2) red connecting wires with alligator clips(2) black connecting wires with alligator clips(1) D-cell battery holder with clips(1) chloroplatinic acid 0.005M (25.0mL) UN3264(1) glass rodInstructions and safety data sheet (MSDS) packet
For Laboratory Use Only
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.