if placed by 12PM EST
- This hands on, fun science kit is designed to help learners become familiar with the processes undertaken at a water treatment plant
- This series of experiments demonstrate the processes performed to treat polluted water, and allow your students to analyze results
- Kit includes fine & coarse sand, gravel, activated charcoal, potassium aluminum sulfate (alum), calcium oxide, kaolin clay, white vinegar, plastic cups and stirring sticks
- Teacher's (or Parent's!) manual, student study & analysis guide and SDS packets included
- The Science at Home series by Innovating Science is designed to offer engaging activities and educational content to learners at home
Your at home learners will develop a knowledge of the processes performed at a water treatment plant and understand the reasons for each process. This kit allows them to perform (on a small-scale) several of the procedures that occur in a water treatment plant on “polluted” water. They will examine the changes in the water after each treatment step is performed. They will also observe physical characteristics of water, such as clarity, color, odor, and how they are affected from the beginning of the treatment process until the end.
- 500g Fine Sand
- 500g Coarse Sand
- 500g Fine Gravel
- 100g Activated Charcoal
- 10g Potassium Aluminum Sulfate (Alum)
- 10g Calcium Oxide (Lime)
- 5g Kaolin (Clay) Powder
- 2mL Green Food Coloring
- 10mL White Vinegar
- 25 Plastic Cups
- 5 Stirring Sticks
- Teacher's (or Parent's!) Manual
- Student Study Guide
- Safety Data Sheet Packets
The Science at Home series by Innovating Science is designed to offer engaging activities and educational content to young learners at home. Kits incorporate applied math and science principles into homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology. Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.