if placed by 12PM EST
- Students will observe and document the effect of nitrates, phosphates and eutrophication on fresh water
- Using miniature "ponds", students will observe the impact these chemicals have on water quality
- This activity will help build understanding of point and non-point source pollution, and the role of nitrates and phosphates in the eutrophication process
- This kit contains enough material for 5 groups of students
- Teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters are included
Innovating Science pollution lab is used for studying the effects of eutrophication and nitrate-phosphate pollution on fresh water. The lab has activities for observing the impact of nitrates, phosphates, and combination of nitrates and phosphates in miniature “ponds,” and building understanding of the difference between point and non-point sources of pollution, and the role of nitrates on phosphate in the eutrophication process.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle nitrate solution (10%sodium nitrate), 20mL
- 1 bottle phosphate solution (10% sodium phosphate), 20mL
- 1 bottle nitrate/phosphate solution (5% sodium nitrate/5% sodium phosphate), 20mL
- 1 bottle deionized water (control), 20mL
- 20 plastic cups
- 1 package microscope slides
- 1 package coverslips
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.