Portable Determination of Salinity Water Testing Kit - Materials for 40 Tests
- Measure with precision the salinity of a water sample
- Measurement is made by performing a simple titration, with a color change signifying a completed measurement
- Kit is designed to be portable, allowing analysis in the field or in the lab
- Contains enough material for up to 40 water tests
- Includes instructions and safety data sheets for all included materials
The salinity of a body of water refers to the its concentration of salts, such as sodium chloride. This kit has been designed to allow the analyst to perform a very simple titration to determine the salinity of their water sample. The titration uses an easily identifiable color transition to indicate the end of the analysis. This kit contains enough materials to perform 40 tests. Included with the kit are instructions and safety data sheets for proper use and storage.
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- Silver nitrate titrant (100mL)
- Potassium chromate, 1.0M (15mL)
- 3 plastic pipettes
- 3 reaction vessels
- 3 collection bottles
- 2 titrators, 1mL
- 1 measuring tube
- Teacher’s manual and safety data sheet
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Chromium, hexavalent compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.