Foam City Chemistry Demo Kit - Repeatable 4-5x
- Create an eruption of foam through the catalyzed decomposition of hydrogen peroxide
- Mix components together in the kitchen or classroom for an exciting chemistry demonstration - kit contains enough chemicals to repeat the demonstration 4-5 times
- Kit contains one (1) 30mL bottle of detergent, three (3) 30mL bottles of hydrogen peroxide (UN2014), one (1) 20g bottle of potassium iodide, as well as instructions and material safety data sheet (MSDS)
- Suitable for age 13 and older with adult supervision
- Subject to DOT shipping requirements (highway or rail only)
The Innovating Science Foam City Kit is based around the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen gas. When catalyzed with potassium iodide, the reaction proceeds rapidly, causing an eruption of foam during the exothermic reaction. The Foam City Kit contains enough chemicals to repeat the experiment 4 or 5 times.
The kit has an instructions and safety data sheet (SDS) packet for product information and handling procedures, and is suitable for age 13 and older with adult supervision. The kit meets the requirements for Department of Transportation (DOT) small quantity exemption 173.4, and conforms to 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 173.4 for domestic highway or rail transport only.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology. Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.