Ballista Catapult - DIY Kit - No Tools Required - Eisco Garage Physics
- Explore torsion springs, forces, energy transformation, mechanical advantage, and projectile motion in this fully-functional ballista.
- Press fit assembly - no tools required. Instructional guide included.
- Contains ballista and ping pong ball
- The Birch Plywood is formaldehyde free using soy-based technology, LEED compliant, CARB compliant
- Launches a distance of more than 30 ft, depending on launch angle and string tension.
Engage in ping pong warfare with this Ballista kit! Students use only wood, string, and leather to create one of the most efficient weapons of siege warfare. This kit allows students to explore torsion springs, forces, energy transformation, mechanical advantage, and projectile motion. Shoots ping pong balls over 30 ft! The kit is straightforward to assemble - no tools required. Set-up takes only 30 minutes! Students can use the included ping pong ball, or other light weight projectiles of their own design. Launches are highly repeatable giving consistent experimental results. The included stand allows exploration of launch angles from 15° to 45° in increments of 10°. Educational guide included.