if placed by 12PM EST
- Sphalerite sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Often mined as a zinc ore
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Sphalerite sometimes exhibits triboluminescence, meaning it will glow when fractured
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
Sphalerite is a sulfide often mined for its zinc content. This mineral is dark in color, but reflective, and is often associated with other sulfide minerals such as pyrite and chalcopyrite. This sample is useful for classes in mineralogy and economic geology, and for use in general mineral identification exercises. Each sample is approximately 1" long and comes in a labeled plastic bag.