Eisco Rock Gypsum Specimen (Sedimentary Rock), Approx. 3cm (1")
- Rock gypsum specimen approximately 1" (3cm) in length
- Formed from the lithification of sulfate evaporite deposits
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, corresponding well with Next Generation Science Standards evidence statements
- Useful for rock/mineral comparison studies, as well as lessons on sedimentary rock formation
- Specimen comes in clear labeled bag for ideal storage
Gypsum is a sulfate mineral formed as the byproduct of evaporating saltwater. When this mineral becomes lithified, it forms rock gypsum, a sedimentary rock. This 1" sample is great for use as a classroom specimen, or as a part of a small rock collection. Also sold in packs of 12.