Quartz Collection - Set of 5 Rock and Mineral Specimens
- 5 rock and mineral specimens approximately 1" (approx. 3cm) in length
- All five samples are made up almost entirely of quartz
- This grouping is fantastic for lessons on how formation mechanism can affect the appearance of a rock or mineral
- Samples are a perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- This mineral set is a great addition to any rock and mineral collection
Quartz makes up the majority of Earth's continental crust, and is nearly ubiquitous in the world of geology. The five samples included in this set, though they look completely different, are all made of this simple mineral. A perfect addition to any lesson about formation mechanisms in geology, this set also makes a great addition to any geologic collection. Included in this set are 1" samples of crystalline quartz, milky quartz, obsidian, sandstone, and quartzite.