Eisco Garage Physics Soda Bottle Center of Mass Kit - Made in America
- Explore center of mass and balance using a simple counterbalance setup with a 2 liter soda bottle
- Kit is designed for all ages of children, from youngsters to high school
- Contains wooden balance board and lever arm, pencil, eraser, and instruction guide
- Hands-on activities aid in the conceptualization of abstract mathematical ideas
- Instructions contain activity guidelines segmented by age group
The Soda Bottle Center of Mass Kit offers a fun and simple way to learn about balance and the center of mass by using a common 2 liter soda bottle. The detailed instructions provide multiple activities for students of all age levels. Young children can use the kit to try and balance the board, and older students can use precise measurements of mass and distance to determine force vectors and the overall balance of the system. The minimalistic design allows students to explore balance the way they want to while still learning important mathematical, physical, and geometric concepts. This kit is sourced and assembled entirely in the United States, and conforms well to NGSS standards 3-PS2-2, MS-PS2-2, and HS-PS2-2 (Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions).