if placed by 12PM EST
- By observing the color of the flame produced by a burning metal, students will identify the chemical composition of the metal
- This kit provides a safer environment by utilizing small candles that are easier to manage in a classroom setting
- Though the flame is smaller than a traditional flame test, there is no loss of spectral clarity
- This kit contains enough material for 5 groups of students
- Teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters are included
The flame test is an analytical technique often used for the identification of certain elements, primarily metal ions. The color of the flame is observed and the spectra of light emitted from the flame is viewed through a spectroscope.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle 10% boric acid in methanol, 2mL
- 1 bottle sand, 250g
- 1 package color flame candles
- 1 alcohol burner
- 5 diffraction slides
- 1 spectroscope
- 12 small trays
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.