- A series of chemistry activities developed by the American Chemical Society
- Student activities include the production of a gas, chemistry and color change, formation of a precipitate, and chemically-induced temperature change
- Activities are presented in the context of a global tour, where students can meet famous scientists from around the world
- Includes enough material for eight groups of students
- Kit includes teacher's manual, student study guide copymasters, and material safety data sheets for all included materials
This kit contains a series of activities developed by the American Chemical Society. Funded through grants from the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Health, this set of activities takes students on a global tour to meet scientists from around the world and learn how science can benefit mankind. The practical experiments included in this kit involve the production of a gas, chemicals changing color, the formation of a precipitate, and chemical reactions causing temperature change. This set comes with a set of material safety data sheets (MSDS) and enough materials for eight groups of students.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle citric acid (100g)
- 1 bottle sodium carbonate (100g)
- 1 bottle sodium bicarbonate (250g)
- 1 bottle calcium chloride (250g)
- 8 bottles universal indicator (25mL)
- 1 bottle dish detergent (30mL)
- 1 bottle bromothymol blue (30mL)
- 8 student thermometers
- 8 vials
- 8 spot plates
- 8 universal indicator color chart
- 33 pipettes
- 1 test tube with rubber stopper
- 1 balloon
- 2 drinking straws
- 16 cups, 3oz.
- 32 cups, 2oz.
- 6 self-inflating reaction bag
- 9 medicine cups
- 1 2-pack foot warmers
- 18 scoops
- 18 spoons
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methanol/Methyl isobutyl ketone and Phenolphthalein, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
For Laboratory Use Only
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.