DNA Extraction: Small Group Learning, Lab Activity by Innovating Science - Materials for 5 Groups
- This kit allows students to learn the history of the discovery of DNA & DNA structure
- Demonstrates the nature of genetic inheritance and the role of DNA and proteins in genetic expression
- Students will use biological detergents, enzymes & ethanol to isolate DNA from plant or animal material
- Kit includes enough material for 5 groups of students
- Teachers manual, and student study guide copy masters included
In this lab you will learn the history of the discovery of DNA and DNA structure. Understand the nature of genetic inheritance and the role of DNA and proteins in genetic expression while using biological detergents, enzymes, and ethanol to isolate DNA from plant material. You need to supply the plant material. Kit contains enough materials for 5 groups. Teacher’s Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
What's in the box?
- 250mL 7.5% SDS/1.5% NaCl
- 20mL Ethanol, 95%
- 1 Pepsin (to make 25ml 0.5% solution)
- 10 Zipper Bags
- 5 Filters
- 5 Plastic Tubes
- 10 Graduated Pipettes
- 5 Stirrers
- Teachers Manual
- Student Guide Copy Master
For Laboratory Use Only. Not for drug, food or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.