if placed by 12PM EST
- Classroom lab activity designed to teach students about the health effects of cholesterol
- A hands-on activity will allow students to simulate cholesterol testing using simulated samples
- Students will test cholesterol levels before and after treatment plans to see what treatments are most effective
- Materials for 15 groups of students
- Kit instructions and safety data sheets included
This lab activity from Innovating Science focuses on cholesterol, how it affects health and heart disease, and how it is tested and treated. Students will use simulated blood samples to test the cholesterol of four different patients. Based on their measurements, the students will devise treatment plans for each of the four "patients", then test the post-treatment samples to identify which treatments were most successful. This kit includes enough material for 15 groups of students, and contains instructions and safety data sheets for all components.
What's in the box?
- 8 simulated blood samples (4 pre-, 4 post-treatment)
- 15 spot plates
- 120 pH strips
- 15 cholesterol charts
- Instructions and safety data sheets
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.