STEM Investigations: Simulated Enteric Coating (Materials for 15 Groups of Students)
- This kit demonstrates the reaction of enteric coatings in different parts of the digestive system
- Students will simulate the production of an enteric coating, and engineer an effective coating for certain needs
- This kit was designed and written by a biomedical engineer
- This kit contains enough material for 15 groups of students
- Teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters are included
In this lab, students will learn the basic structures and pathway of the digestive system and understand the different functions of the stomach and the small intestine in regard to digestion.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle 99% isopropyl alcohol, 200mL
- 1 bottle shellac orange flakes, 34g
- 1 bottle alginic acid sodium salt, 4g
- 2 bottles 1.0M hydrochloric acid, 25mL
- 1 bottle 1.0M sodium hydroxide, 150mL
- 2 enteric-coated aspirin tablets
- 2 regular aspirin tablets
- 50 plastic cups, 5 oz.
- 30 pipettes
- 45 white beads
- 1 package coverslips
- 15 spot plates
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Acetyl Salicylic Acid/Aspirin, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.