Innovating Science Starch Agar Differential Medium, 100g
- 100g bottle of microbiological differentiation medium
- Perfect for use in any biology lab or classroom
- Used for the differentiation of cultured microorganisms
- Tests whether cultures produce extracellular enzymes to catalyze the hydrolysis of starch
- Includes directions for safe storage printed directly on the bottle
Used to determine if bacteria produce extracellular enzymes to catalyze the hydrolysis of starch. Starch agar is inoculated and incubated at 37⁰C. After 48 hours the surface of the agar is flooded with potassium/potassium iodide solution. Organisms that produce a starch hydrolyzing enzyme will display a clear zone around the area of growth while other areas of the agar containing starch will turn blue-black. 100 g Starch Agar Use 25 grams with 1 liter of water.