if placed by 12PM EST
- Earth science kit designed to introduce students to erosion and weathering
- Students will get a hands-on look at both mechanical and chemical erosion
- Effects such as frost wedging and acid rain are explored
- Great introduction to the rock cycle, weathering, and erosion
- Includes teacher's guide, student study guide copymasters, and material safety data sheets (MSDS)
The rock cycle describes the relationship between the three different rock types. A major component of the rock cycle is weathering and erosion, which form the basis of sedimentary geology. Students will investigate these processes through a number of activities. These activities demonstrate both mechanical and chemical forces of erosion on genuine rock samples, giving students valuable hands-on experience. Includes teacher's manual, student study guide copymasters, and material safety data sheets (MSDS). This kit aligns to Next Generation Science Standards MS-PS1-5, MS-ESS2-1, and HS-ESS2-5, and explores cross cutting concepts such as energy and matter, stability and change, and cause and effect.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle plaster of Paris, 350g
- 1 bottle 1M hydrochloric acid, 30mL
- 50 limestone pieces
- 50 granite pieces
- 50 sandstone pieces
- 4 plastic cups
- 50 plastic bottles with caps
- 2 balloons
- 20 disposable pipettes
- 50 plastic trays
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Respirable crystalline silica, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.