Innovating Science Exploring Meteorology Lab Activity (Materials for 15 Groups)
- Classroom lab activity geared toward earth science education, specifically meteorology
- Students will study pressure, wind speed and weather maps
- Build your own barometers and anemometers
- Instructors can form a vapor cloud to demonstrate how clouds form
- Includes enough material for 15 groups of students - teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters are included
Study the basics of meteorology with this kit from Innovating Science. During the lab, students will learn about pressure changes, wind speed, cloud formation and development, and how to read weather maps. In addition, they will get the chance to build their own barometers and anemometers. Materials included in the it also allow the instructor to demonstrate cloud formation by creating a vapor cloud. This demonstration can be performed up to five times. The kit includes enough material for 15 groups of students, and comes with teacher's manual and student study guide copymasters. Additional items needed: scissors, tape, construction paper, ruler, stapler, markers.
What's in the box?
- 1 bottle isopropyl alcohol, 99% (10mL)
- 15 test tubes
- 15 small cork stoppers
- 15 plastic bottles
- 60 plastic cups, 3 oz
- 30 plastic cups, 5 oz
- 15 stir sticks
- 30 straws
- 15 balloons
- 1 dispenser
- 15 rubber bands
- 1 glass bottle
- 15 push pins
- 15 practice weather maps Teachers manual, student study guide copymasters, and safety data sheets
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.