Properties of Antacids Education and Hands-on Kit - Materials for 15 Groups
- Teach students the chemistry behind stomach acid and how antacids regulate the pH climate of the stomach
- After learning about antacids and their active ingredients, students will test the rate of acid neutralization and buffering ability of several different antacids
- Students will get hands-on experience with chemistry that has a recognizable connection to their everyday lives
- Kit contains enough material for 15 groups, making it a great classroom kit
- This kit comes with teacher's manual, student study guide copymasters, and safety data sheets
With the global population spending over a half a billion dollars a year on commercial antacids, several companies are out there competing for a part of the business. In this activity, students will learn about some of the more common active components in over-the-counter antacids as well as investigate the rate of acid neutralization of five different antacids. Students will also compare the buffering ability of three different calcium carbonate based antacids. All antacid samples are included and the kit contains enough materials for fifteen groups. Teacher’s Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- 5 bottles of hydrochloric acid, 1M (30mL)
- 2 bottles of universal indicator (30mL)
- 2 bottles of bromothymol blue, 0.5% aqueous solution (30mL)
- 1 bottle Antacid #5, Liquid (60mL)
- 1 pkg/7 Antacid #1
- 1 pkg/7 Antacid#2
- 1 pkg/7 Antacid #3
- 1 pkg/2 Antacid #4
- 15 graduated plastic pipettes
- 100 universal indicator strips
- 90 disposable medicine cups
- Teacher’s manual, student study guide copymasters, and safety data sheets
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Acetyl Salicylic acid/Aspirin, Phenolphthalein and Methanol/Methyl isobutyl ketone, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.