Most orders ship same day.
- Kit for study of properties of shampoo
- Builds understanding of individual shampoo ingredients' roles, and includes tests for identifying different shampoo properties of for detailed examination
- Activities for determining relative viscosity, pH, flash-foam formation and retention, oil emulsification, and contaminant-dispersion abilities of shampoos
- Materials for 15 groups of students for hands-on learning
- Suitable for high school classes and beyond
Different shampoos are manufactured from a variety of ingredients to perform a variety of tasks. In this investigation, students will not only learn about the role of several shampoo ingredients, but also test several properties of different shampoos which are included in the kit. Students will determine the relative viscosity, pH, flash-foam formation and retention, oil emulsification, and contaminant-dispersion abilities of different shampoos. Kit contains enough materials for fifteen groups. Teacher’s Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- 1 bottle Shampoo #1 (30mL)
- 1 bottle Shampoo #2 (30mL)
- 1 bottle Shampoo #3 (30mL)
- 1 bottle black ink, 10% (30mL)
- 1 bottle vegetable oil (30mL)
- 50 universal indicator strips
- 45 graduated plastic pipettes
- 25 copper balls
- 45 disposable medicine cups
- 45 polystyrene test tubes
- 3 plastic centrifuge tubes
- Teacher’s manual, student study guide copymasters, and safety data sheets
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.