if placed by 12PM EST
hBAR is a Pennsylvania COSTARS program supplier - learn more here
- Kit for developing an understanding of processes performed at a water treatment plant, and reasons for each process
- Activities for demonstrating several procedures that occur in a water treatment plant on "polluted" water
- Experiments for examining changes in water after each treatment step is performed, and observing physical characteristics of water, and how they are affected from the beginning to end of treatment process
- Materials for 15 groups of students for hands-on learning
- Kit comes with teacher's guide and safety data sheets
Students will develop a knowledge of the processes performed at a water treatment plant and understand the reasons for each process. They will perform, on a small-scale, several of the procedures that occur in a water treatment plant on “polluted” water. They will examine the changes in the water after each treatment step is performed. They will also observe physical characteristics of water, such as clarity, color, odor, and how they are affected from the beginning of the treatment process until the end. Kit contains enough materials for 15 groups of students. Teacher’s Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- Fine sand (1500g)
- Coarse sand (1500g)
- Fine gravel (1500g)
- Activated charcoal (300g)
- Potassium aluminum sulfate (alum) (25g)
- calcium oxide (lime) (25g)
- Kaolin (clay) powder (5g)
- Green food coloring (5mL)
- White vinegar (25mL)
- 75 plastic cups
- 15 stirring sticks
- Teacher’s manual, student study guide copymasters, and safety data sheets
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Respirable crystalline silica, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.