Acid Rain and the Environment: Acidity and Plant Growth Hands-On Kit - Materials for 15 Groups of Students
- Acid rain and environment kit for examining the effects of acidic conditions on plants
- Activities to grow plants under normal, mildly, and very acidic soil conditions for comparison
- Encourages physical observation for determining if acidity has impacted on growth of plant
- Materials for 15 groups of students for hands-on learning
- Kit comes with teacher's manual and safety data sheets for safe sotrage of all materials
The problem of acid rain is quite often associated with its effects on aquatic systems. Unfortunately, acid rain can also have devastating effects on terrestrial environments as well. In this activity, students will examine the detrimental effects of acidic conditions on plants. Plants will be grown under normal soil conditions, mildly acidic soil conditions, and very acidic soil conditions. Through physical observation, students will determine if the acidity has any impact on the growth of the plant. Kit contains enough materials for 15 groups.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- 4 bottles of hydrochloric acid, 12M (30mL) UN1789
- 1 bag potting soil
- 45 translucent cups, 5oz.
- 45 translucent cups, 7oz.
- 45 absorbent wick pads
- 1 package radish seeds
- Teacher’s manual, student study guide copymasters, and safety data sheets
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.