Portable Determination of Water Hardness Kit - Materials for 40 Tests
- Use to determine hardness of fresh water sample
- Titration uses easily identifiable color transition to indicate end of analysis
- Contains necessary components for use in the lab or in the field
- Contains materials for up to 40 tests
- Kit includes instructions and safety data sheets for included materials
This kit has been designed to allow the analyst to perform a very simple titration to determine the hardness of their fresh water sample. Water hardness is a measure of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron being carried by the water in solution. These minerals can precipitate out of the water carrying them and form deposits, leading to problems such as scaling in industrial equipment. The titration uses an easily identifiable color transition to indicate the end of the analysis. The kit contains everything an analyst would need to perform a water analysis either in the laboratory setting or out in the field. Kit contains enough materials to perform 40 tests. .
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- 6 plastic pipettes
- 3 reaction vessels
- 3 collection bottles
- 1 measuring tube
- 2 titrators, 3mL
- 3 bottles EDTA titrant, 0.005M (60mL)
- 1 bottle buffer solution, pH 10 (60mL)
- 1 bottle ericochrome black T indicator solution (15mL)
- Instruction guide and safety data sheets
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.