Portable Water Alkalinity Testing Kit - Materials for 40 Tests
- Test fresh water samples for total alkalinity, or susceptibility to pH changes
- Alkalinity is measured using a titration, denoted simply by a change in color
- Kit is designed to be portable, so tests can be conducted in the field and in the lab
- Contains enough materials for up to 40 water tests
- Includes instructions and safety data sheets for all included materials
The alkalinity of a body of water indicates its susceptibility to changes in pH. When a strong acid or base is introduced to the system, a body with a low alkalinity will see its pH change dramatically, while a high alkalinity body’s pH will change very little. This kit has been designed to allow the analyst to perform a very simple titration to determine the alkalinity of their fresh water sample. This kit allows the analyst to determine both the phenolphthalein as well as the total alkalinity. The titration uses an easily identifiable color transition to indicate the end of the analysis. The kit contains everything an analyst would need to perform a water analysis either in the laboratory setting or out in the field. Kit contains enough materials to perform 40 tests.
Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields. Aldon Corporation was founded in 1964, and is headquartered in Avon, NY.
What’s in the box?
- 3 plastic pipettes
- 3 reaction vessels
- 3 collection bottles
- 1 measuring tube
- 2 titrators, 1mL
- 3 bottles hydrochloric acid titrant (60mL)
- 1 bottle total alkalinity indicator solution (15mL)
- 1 bottle phenolphthalein indicator solution (15mL)
- Instruction manual and safety data sheets
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Phenolphthalein/Methanol/Methyl isobutyl ketone, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.