- Premium quality gyroscope on a wooden base
- Rotor is dynamically balanced to within 0.5g
- Approximately 7" x 5" x 5" with a brass rotor, 6cm in diameter
- Demonstrates principles of angular momentum
- This is an excellent, inexpensive apparatus for experiments in precession, inertial guidance, and gyroscopic stabilization
The gyroscope is mounted on a gimbal cradle. A solid block and a rocker are supplied for supporting the gimbal cradle. The sturdy gyroscope has a brass rotor, 6cm in diameter. The rotor is dynamically balanced to within 0.5g. Its steel shaft has polished bearing surfaces and adjustable teflon bearings that will allow it to run three times as long as gyroscopes with conventional cone bearings.