if placed by 12PM EST
- MOTOR DRIVEN VAN DE GRAAFF || Perfect for demonstrating energy transformation from mechanical to electrical. This motor driven Van De Graaff is excellent for physics classrooms and exciting for learners of all ages
- UP TO 220,000 VOLTS || Apparatus can generate an electrostatic charge of up to 220,000 volts in the right conditions. Motor is attached to the assembled base. Includes power cord
- 7.9" METAL SPHERE || Apparatus measures 22" in height and features a metal sphere measuring 7.9" (20cm) in diameter
- INCLUDES EXPERIMENT GUIDE & ACCESSORIES || Set comes with experiment accessories consisting of a 4" discharge wand, pillar with suspended metallised sphere, Faraday's pail, Perspex cylinder with metal caps and 4 metallised spheres, head of hair, point discharger, neon bulb and electric whirl. Included experiment guide provides instructions and student activity questions
The Van De Graaff generator is a simple device designed for electrostatic experiments and where continuous source of high voltage is required. It can be used to demonstrate several physical concepts, including: electrostatics, conservation of charge, conduction, and ionization. Static electricity is a familiar concept we encounter on a daily basis. It explains why static cling affects our clothes, the shock we sometimes experience when touching a doorknob on a dry winter day, and why we can cause a friend's hair to stand on end by “charging up” a balloon.
This DC motor driven Van De Graaff Generator measures 22" tall and produces up to 220,000 Volts. Ideal for demonstrating the transformation of energy from mechanical to electrical. Set includes a polished and hand spun 7.9" Van de Graaff Dome, 4" discharge wand, assembled base with attached DC motor, power cord, electrostatics accessories kit and an experiment guide with activity questions for learners.
- Input Wattage: 20 W Max.
- Fuse" F 315mA / 250V Charge collecting Belt: Silicon rubber having excellent insulation resistance.
- Tracking: Belt-tracking easily adjusted
- Charge collecting combs: Aluminium mesh, clearly visible