Eisco Labs Demonstration Motor Generator Activity Model (AC/DC) - Hand PoweredSKU | PH1245N8
114 In Stock
- Learn about current and see a visual demonstration
- The elegant design produces AC & DC current on the same device -- switchable between AC/DC
- Allows students to easily compare and contrast an AC generator and a DC generator
- Activity guide included
- Base is approximately 7" x 10"
(1) Demonstration Generator
This apparatus allows students to easily compare and contrast an AC generator and a DC generator. The front of the apparatus has brushes designed to collect direct current (DC) through a split ring and the back of the apparatus has brushes designed to collect alternating current (AC).
Users of the fantastic device are interested in 1 of 2 things:
1. Learning about AC vs DC current and seeing a visual demonstration.
2. They are sick of going through batteries or finding wall outlets to product electricity for their experiments.
This generator can of the electromagnet motor. This makes it great for experiments that need low current < 1 AMP.
It is an excellent activity model for study of the generation of electric current. The generator produces AC/DC current simultaneously when the hand wheel is turned. The generation of the AC/DC voltage is represented by bulbs.
Generators are used to produce a voltage or potential difference in wire. An outside source of energy is needed to turn the turbine in the generator. In this case the mechanical energy to turn the generator can be supplied by a student's hand. Generators in the real world can be powered using the kinetic energy of falling or moving water, a nuclear reactor, wind or steam to turn a turbine.
Activity guide included.
Product Name: Eisco Labs Demonstration Motor Generator Activity Model (AC/DC) - Hand Powered
Product SKU: PH1245N8