Diffraction Grating Kit
This kit includes:
- Slide Holder
- Diffraction Grating (500 lines/mm)
- Diffraction Grating (1000 lines/mm)
- (2) Visual Scientifics Posts
- Laboratory manual and student worksheet
This kit is designed for the exploration of wave and particle duality. The components included allow students to create their own spectroscope! Easy to follow and fun to explore. The included laboratory manual and student worksheet describes experiments useful in demonstrating the principles and physics of wavelengths. The manual includes resources for instructors to help with lesson planning and to help student carry out the experiments. The activities cover approximately 2-3 hours of classroom or laboratory time, and cover Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards Concepts.
Please note that this kit does not include all required components for the experiments outlined in the laboratory manual.
Required/Recommended Components (*not included)
- Video Visual Scientifics Base
- Visual Scientifics Backboard
- Several pieces of cardboard scrap
- Single slit slide
- Slide holder
- Ruler or meter stick