Eisco Scientific polypropylene products sold on hbarsci.com have been deemed food contact safe. They meet the FDA requirements below -
Food Contact Safety Statement
This product also meets the FDA requirements contained in the Code of Federal Regulations in CFR 21 177.1520 (a)(3)(i), (c)3.1a and (c)3.2a (I, II, IV-B, VI-A, VI-B, VII-B, and VIII Food types and conditions of A-H). According to our knowledge, all other ingredients used in this product meet the requirements of their respective FDA regulations and 21 CFR 177.1520 (b).
This product is safe for incidental contact of all food types and conditions (see 21 CFR 176.170(c)). For packing applications or for holding food during cooking, this product is approved for the following food types and under the following use conditions:
- Nonacid, aqueous products; may contain salt or sugar or both (pH above 5.0).
- Acid, aqueous products; may contain salt or sugar or both, and includingoil-in-water emulsions of low- or high-fat content.
- Dairy products and modifications, including water-in-oil emulsions, whether high- or low-fat.
- Nonalcoholic beverages.
- Beverages containing up to 8 percent of alcohol.
- Moist bakery products with surfacescontaining no free fat or oil.
- Dry solids with the surface containing no free fat or oil.
- High Temperature heat-sterilization, boiling water sterilization, and pasteurization.
- Room temperature storage.
- Refrigerated or frozen storage including the intention of reheating in the storage container at time of use.
See 21 CFR 777.1520 and 21 CFR 176.170(c) for additional details.