if placed by 12PM EST
- Albite sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Used as a hardness standard of 6, and exhibits two planes of cleavage
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Great sample for use in lessons about the Mohs hardness scale
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
Albite is a variety of plagioclase feldspar that is rich in sodium. With a glossy sheen, 2 planes of cleavage, and a standard hardness of 6, this mineral is a classic standby for lessons in mineralogy and petrology. Useful in identification exercises when trying to distinguish from other feldspars. Samples are approximately 1" and come in a labeled plastic bag.