Bowen's Reaction Series - Set of 7 Mineral Specimens
- 7 mineral specimens approximately 1" (approx. 3cm) in length
- Mineral samples follow the discontinuous branch of Bowen's reaction series
- Great set for lessons on igneous rocks and magma crystallization
- Samples are a perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- This mineral set is a great addition to any rock and mineral collection
Bowen's reaction series is a hallmark of igneous mineralogy. The series defines a qualitative relationship between different minerals and their crystallization temperatures when solidifying out of a magma. This set of samples includes all the minerals along the discontinuous branch of Bowen's reaction series, and is perfect for lessons on igneous rocks and minerals. Included in this set are 1" specimens of olivine, augite, hornblende, biotite, microcline, muscovite, and quartz.