9 Piece Block Puzzle Kit - Wooden
- VARIOUS PRINCIPLES || Explore basic mathematical principles and concepts using wooden blocks
- 9 PIECE || Contains 9 rectangular blocks of steadily increasing height
- INCLUDED || Various wooden pieces, as well as labels, pens, and instruction guide with segmented sections for each appropriate age level
- FOR ALL AGES || Kit is designed for all ages of children, from youngsters to high school
- SIMPLE STUDY || Hands-on activities aid in the conceptualization of abstract mathematical ideas
We’ve designed this kit to enable an engaging back and forth for every age of child. Young children can use the kit to explore the natural numbers. Elementary school children can use them to investigate addition, subtraction, multiplication, as well as units of measure, and the associative property. They can also try to solve simplified versions of the magic square puzzle by trying to make two stacks, three stacks, or five stacks of the same height. Middle school students can use the puzzle to explore the magic square in depth (in which all rows, columns and the two diagonals should stack to the same height), as well as arithmetic sequences (including the first few elements of the Fibonacci sequence). Beyond working out the complete solution to the magic square, high school stu-dents can use the kit to explore counting in binary up to 15 and, in classroom settings, counting in ternary up to 26.