hBARSCI Foam Fountain Kit
- Create an eruption of foam through the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide
- Mix components together in the kitchen or classroom for an exciting chemistry demonstration - kit contains enough chemicals to repeat the demonstration 4-5 times
- Kit contains one (1) 100mL polypropylene beaker, one (1) 250mL borosilicate glass graduated flask, one (1) 30mL bottle of detergent, three (3) 30mL bottles of hydrogen peroxide (UN2014), one (1) 20g bottle of potassium iodide, as well as instructions
- Suitable for age 13 and older with adult supervision
- Subject to DOT shipping requirements (highway or rail only)
The Innovating Science Foam City Kit is based around the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen gas. When catalyzed with potassium iodide, the reaction proceeds rapidly, causing an eruption of foam during the exothermic reaction. The Foam City Kit contains enough chemicals to repeat the experiment 4 or 5 times. The kit has an instructions and safety data sheet (SDS) packet for product information and handling procedures, and is suitable for age 13 and older with adult supervision. The kit meets and conforms to 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 173.4 for domestic highway or rail transport only.