if placed by 12PM EST
- Chemistry demonstration kit designed to teach elementary level learners about chemical reactions, phase changes and catalysts
- This exothermic reaction causes a fountain of foam to erupt from a bottle (This demonstration has been adapted for a milder reaction, making it safe for home)
- Kit includes hydrogen peroxide, dish soap, empty bottle, packet of yeast, plastic cups, stir sticks, and a polypropylene measuring cylinder
- Teacher's (or Parent's!) manual and SDS packets included
- The Science at Home series by Innovating Science is designed to offer engaging activities and educational content to learners at home
A twist on the classic "elephant toothpaste" experiment, this kit uses yeast instead of iodine to perform the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide, which produces a milder reaction, making it safer to perform at home. This fun demonstration causes small eruption of foam from a bottle as the catalyzed reaction occurs. Students will learn about chemical reactions, phase changes, and catalysts.
- Hydrogen Peroxide, 3% (150mL)
- Dish Soap (30mL)
- Empty Bottle, 8 ounces
- Packet of yeast (5g)
- Plastic Cups, 5 ounces
- Stir Sticks
- 25ml Polypropylene Measuring Cylinder
- Teacher (or Parent's!) Manual
- Safety Data Sheet
The Science at Home series by Innovating Science is designed to offer engaging activities and educational content to young learners at home. Kits incorporate applied math and science principles into homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology. Innovating Science products, manufactured by Aldon Corporation, include educational kits for the chemistry, life science, green chemistry, advanced placement chemistry, and forensic fields.
Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. For more information, refer to the Safety Data Sheet.