Phenol Red Sucrose Differential Medium, 100g
- 100g bottle of microbiological differentiation medium
- Perfect for use in any biology lab or classroom
- Used for the differentiation of cultured microorganisms
- Tests whether cultures are able to ferment sucrose
- Includes directions for safe storage printed directly on the bottle
A basal medium containing a single carbohydrate used to determine whether bacteria can ferment the specific carbohydrate. The medium contains a pH indicator that changes from red to yellow if the bacteria can ferment the carbohydrate. May be used with Durham tubes to determine if gas is produced during the fermentation process. 100 g Phenol Red Sucrose Broth Use 21 grams with 1 liter of water.